Taking it to the Next Level – The 2021-2022 Literary Awards ProgramTaking it to the Next Level – The 2021-2022 Literary Awards Program https://www.readerviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Stepping-Up-our-Game-1024x576.png 1024 576 Reader Views Reader Views https://www.readerviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Stepping-Up-our-Game-1024x576.png
If you’ve ever talked with us you know how passionate we are about working with and promoting Indie authors – you inspire us! Every. Single. Day. It’s so rewarding being able to call what we do “work” – especially since we spend all our time with such fabulous, gifted authors. Each one of you leave a mark by sharing your incredible talents and letting us be even a small part of your journey.
Today, we’re excited to share with you some of the ways we are taking the Reader Views Literary Awards program to the next level.
STEPPING UP THE PRIZES
Last year we introduced cash Grand Prizes for Best Overall Fiction and Best Overall Non-Fiction. This year we are adding even more cash prizes that look something like this:
GRAND PRIZE CASH AWARDS
|BEST OVERALL FICTION||BEST OVERALL NON-FICTION|
|First Place – Gold||First Place – Gold|
|Second Place – Silver||Second Place – Silver|
|Third Place – Bronze||Third Place – Bronze|
Winners for the Grand Prize Cash Awards will be selected from the winners of each category. Every single book is eligible for a chance to win one of these awards.
SIMPLIFYING THE ENTRY PROCESS
We’ve redesigned our entry form – no more paper entry forms! Our new form is easy to use and takes one click of a button to enter. You will receive automatic confirmation of your entry, though we will still follow up with you through a separate email once we receive your submission.
This is a big one. We are now accepting electronic copies of your book. We realize shipping costs can get out of control, especially for folks outside the U.S. so we’ve revised our requirement to send physical books and will happily read and review a properly formatted PDF of your book.
That said – we still have many reviewers that prefer to read physical books so you are more than welcome to send us your print copies. Plus, we no longer require a copy of your book for every category you enter. Just two copies total if you’re submitting print editions.
REGIONAL AND GLOBAL CATEGORIES
In the past, entries to our Regional and Global categories counted as additional categories, meaning added expense to the author. To that we say – NO MORE! Every book entered in at least one traditional category, i.e., Mystery, Self-Help, Business, Fantasy, etc., will receive Regional and/or Global category entry(ies) at no additional cost. Regional categories are for North America only. Global categories are for all.
So, that’s what’s NEW with the awards program. Let’s go over briefly everything you get with your award entry.
SUMMARY (or, what’s in it for you)
- Book Review – Each title will receive a book review. The review will be posted on our websites. They will also be posted on the Thoughtcrawlers blog and the Reader Views Book Blog. Authors will also receive a PDF copy of the review for promotional use.
- Social Media Postings – Review will be shared and promoted on our Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram pages. Be sure to follow us on social media so you can share the news we post about your books with your followers and double the exposure! We also post your review on Goodreads, Barnes & Noble, Book Bub and Indigo if your book is listed with these organizations.
- News – Review will be featured on the Author Showcase page under the Recent Reviews section of ReaderViews.com. These reviews are rotated on a weekly basis.
- Regional/Global Categories – All books submitted to the contest receive a Regional and/or Global entry at no additional cost.
- Grand Prize Entry – All books submitted to the contest are eligible for the cash grand prizes.
And, to save the best news for last – we’re bringing all of these features to you at the same price point we’ve maintained for years!
The 2021-2022 Reader Views Literary Awards program opens May 1st!
Mark your calendars and tell your friends – this year is going to be the best year ever!
As always, if you have any questions, please email us at [email protected]. We’d love to hear from you!